Friday, June 8, 2012

Okay, this really is the last post before we move

Happy moving-day eve! Okay, well really that would have been a while ago.  We've slowly been moving stuff in the last week or so, but tomorrow is the official moving day.


It seriously still boggles my mind that exactly a year ago we were just beginning to think about maybe doing a little renovation on the house.  Oh what a difference a year makes.


Hopefully there will be some more pictures of the move tomorrow, and obviously there will be more pictures posted as we actually get moved in.  It's kind of crazy that this blog will be winding down in about a month.


Today was pretty crazy at the house.  We had the normal work crew, the painter, the electrician, the plumber, people cleaning up, and us.  Clearly it was a packed house!


Here are a few new pictures of the lights, moving, etc.


We tried to pack up some of the dog toys, Raina was not a fan of this plan.  She got all these out on her own.

Moving van!

This will officially go in the yard Sunday.  Meaning if you know anyone who is looking for a house in Kirkwood, you should tell them!!

Mom overseeing the packing.

Raina was sure to oversee the move as well.

It's starting to look so empty!  I feel like I should mention that about 2 seconds after this picture was taken, Brian spun Olive around on the wood floor like a top. Half hilarious, half rude.

The light going into the basement.  There are actually two of them.  

The dining room light.  It's kind of hard to see here.  I'll take another picture soon.

The light outside the patio doors.

The powder room.

Toilets are really exciting. 

The light from the garage entrance to the kitchen.  You can't tell in the picture, but the light bulb in here is called an Edison bulb.  You can see all the filaments glow.

The master shower.  It's pretty awesome.

The master bath. It needs a little work still.  They were getting ready to install the toilet today, but there was a big crack in it.  No pun intended.

The floor of the shower.

The built-in shelves in the master bath. 

Oh, and they have heated floors. Jealous.

Our bathroom is pretty neat-o too.  We have towel racks, and shower curtains.


The vanity with lights and mirrors.  I know it's kind of confusing that you can't see me in the mirrors.  No, I'm not a vampire.  I was sitting on the edge of the shower.  I also sat on the toilet fully clothed today in order to determine where the toilet paper roll should go.  Apparently I need to visualize.

We also have a shower head and stuff.

I actually have 90% of my furniture at the house already and my room is starting to come together.  And yes, those are mannequin legs in the corner.

My little dormer transformed into a reading nook.  Or, since this is hidden by my door when it's open, it's a good hiding spot to keep from working too hard moving...not that I would do that.


This dresser is a new addition.  It used to be at the farm and was stained a red-ish brown color.  Memorial Day weekend I stripped the stain and repainted it.

The new shades for our room.  They're really cool.  Yes, the shades are cool.  When they're closed, they can be either sheer or like normal shades so that you cannot see anything.

Sheer.

Normal.

The only one in the family more stressed than Raina about the move is Olive. Clearly.

That's all the pictures from now.  Which is a good thing, because I'm somewhere between sleep deprivation and physically exhausted from today.  I'm sure tomorrow will be even crazier!

No comments:

Post a Comment